- Water Softener Guide
- Water Treatment
- City Sewers
- Private Sewers & Septic Systems
- Treatment Plants
Private Sewers & Septic Systems
City Sewers Current Construction
Figueroa Meridian York Sewer Project
This relief sewer is the extension of the Avenue 45 Arroyo Drive Relief Sewer and is being built from the area of Arroyo Glen Street to Meridian Street. The sewer relieves the 8 and 12-inch diameter sewer along Figueroa Street between Marmion Way and Meridian Street. The project is necessary to prevent future wet weather overflow from the area’s sewers.
- Approximately 3,700 feet of 10 to 21-inch diameter sewers and 12 maintenance holes are being built.
- Construction period: early 2011 through summer 2012. Weather or other circumstances could shift the work schedule. Neighbors will be informed as conditions warrant.
- Construction takes place Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., and on major streets from 9:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. to minimize traffic impacts.
- Estimated Cost: $2.24 million.
- Construction methods include sewer pipe lining (rehabilitates defective sewers without excavation and surface disruption), and sewer pipe removal and replacement (performed by “open cut” or trenching, a method that is typically used where sewers are shallow).
- In order to minimize disruption in the streets, most of the construction work at each location will be completed in about 5-10 business days.
- Trucks and other equipment such as pipes will be used during construction, and you may see open trench excavation and debris removal.
- Dust control will be provided in all project areas.
- Enclosures or other barriers will be used in construction areas wherever necessary for public safety.
- Flaggers will be used where traffic is impacted. Traffic will be restored to normal when construction has been completed at the end of each workday.
- Trash pickup, deliveries, access to businesses and residential driveways will be maintained.
- Parking may be temporarily restricted in some areas, and signs will be posted in advance telling you where and when.
- You will be notified 24-48 hours in advance whenever sewer services may be temporarily interrupted.