City Sewers Current Construction
La Cienega Interceptor Sewer:
Jefferson to La Cienega
This project will rehabilitate a portion of the existing La Cienega Interceptor Sewer from the intersection of Jefferson Boulevard and National Boulevard to the intersection of La Cienega Boulevard and Fairfax Avenue. The existing sewer is within a sewer easement and does not follow the public right-of-way. The existing sewer pipe is corroded and will be abandoned in place. This project will rehabilitate approximately 2200 feet of the existing 63-inch semi-elliptical sewer.
- A 66-inch diameter sewer will be installed in a sewer easement that does not follow a public right-of-way.
- Construction period: Spring 2014 to fall 2015.
- Work hours: Monday to Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Limited night work and some service interruptions may take place when the individual local sewers (from homes) are reconnected to the new sewer. Residents will be notified 24 to 48 hours in advance.
- Project cost: $4 million.
- Construction method:
- The sewer and accompanying maintenance holes will be built using conventional excavation methods.
LIVING WITH CONSTRUCTION
- Trucks and other equipment such as pipes will be used during construction, and you may see open trench excavation and debris removal.
- Dust control will be provided in all project areas.
- Enclosures or other barriers will be used in construction areas wherever necessary for public safety.
- Traffic and parking controls will be enforced. Temporary “no parking” signs may be posted in areas where construction is taking place.
- Parking may be temporarily restricted in some areas, and signs will be posted in advance telling you where and when.
- Safe and adequate pedestrian and vehicle access will be maintained at all times to residences, bus stops, and fire hydrants.
- Trash pickup, deliveries, access to all residential driveways and alleys will be maintained.