Embracing Citrus Elixir: The Untold Benefits of Orange Water
Benefits of Drinking Water Infused with Orange Slices
A Potent Boost for the Immune System: Oranges brim with vitamin C, a formidable ally for our immune defense. Consuming oranges, especially during flu seasons, not only shields against common colds but also aids in preventing ear infections.
A Nutrient Powerhouse: Beyond vitamin C, oranges are a cornucopia of nutrients. From Folic Acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Calcium to Potassium, this fruit offers a well-rounded nutritional profile. Moreover, the orange peel is enriched with fiber and potent antioxidants, reinforcing the practice of including it in your drink.
Crafting Your Orange Elixir
- Opt for Organic: Always select organic oranges, especially if you plan to use the peel.
- Juicing & Slicing: Squeeze one or two oranges into a pitcher of filtered water.
- Infusion: Add slices or peels of orange to your pitcher, adjusting the quantity to your preference.
- Variation: For a twist, brew orange peels in boiling water and consume once cooled. Mint and ginger can be added for an aromatic blend.
A Weight Management Aid?
- Erlund I, et al. “Plasma kinetics and urinary excretion of the flavanones naringenin and hesperetin in humans after ingestion of orange juice and grapefruit juice.” J Nutr 2001;131:235–41.
- SánchezMoreno C, et al. “Quantitative bioactive compounds assessment and their relative contribution to the antioxidant capacity of commercial orange juices.” J Sci Food Agric 2003;83:430–9.
- De Ancos B, et al. “Possible nutritional and healthrelated value promotion in orange juice preserved by highpressure treatment.” J Sci Food Agric 2002;82:790–6.
- Tawanda, M. S., et al. “A preliminary study of the orange (Citrus sinensis) fruit valuechain in Chimanimani Rural District, Zimbabwe.” African Journal of Agricultural Research, 10(35), 35073516.