City Sewers Current Construction
Colorado Avenue and Townsend Avenue Sewer Rehabilitation Project
This sewer pipe rehabilitation project is scheduled to begin in fall 2015 in the Eagle Rock area, and is bounded by Ventura Freeway to the north, Glendale Freeway to the west, Hillmont Avenue to the east, and Yosemite Drive to the south.
- Scheduled Start: Fall 2015
- Scheduled End: Spring 2017
- Construction cost: $1.8 million
- Length: 2.6 miles
- More details: HERE
LIVING WITH CONSTRUCTION
- Construction will generally take place Monday to Friday from 7 am to 4 pm.
- Weather or other circumstances could shift the work schedule. You will be informed as conditions warrant.
- Construction methods will include sewer pipe lining (rehabilitates defective sewers without excavation and surface disruption) and sewer pipe removal and replacement (which requires open trenches, typically where sewers are shallow).
- In order to minimize disruption in the streets, most of the construction work at each location will be completed in about 5-10 business days.
- Streets will be temporarily paved during sewer construction. Final paving will be placed when the project is completed.
- Trucks and other equipment will be used during construction, and you may see open trench excavation, pipes, and debris.
- Dust control will be provided in all project areas.
- Enclosures or other barriers will be used in construction areas wherever necessary for public safety.
- Flaggers will be used where traffic is impacted. Traffic will be restored to normal when construction has been completed at the end of each workday.
- Trash pickup, deliveries, access to businesses, and access to residential driveways will be maintained.
- Parking may be temporarily restricted in some areas, and signs will be posted in advance telling you where and when.
- You will be notified 24-48 hours in advance whenever sewer services may be temporarily interrupted.